1. Protection of Your Privacy
Renewable Energy Upgrade is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’) and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘the APPs’). This Privacy Statement (‘Statement’) sets out how we manage your personal information and other information, such as how to contact us in case you have any queries about our management of your personal information.
This Statement is applicable to all of the activities of REU and our associated companies in the group. It does not extend to the management of personal information collected or held by REU about its employees.
2. What kind of personal information do we collect?
Personal information’ is information or an opinion, in any form, about an identified individual or an individual who can reasonably be identified.
The kind of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the conditions under which it is collected, including, whether we collect the information from you as a potential customer, stakeholder, supplier, job applicant or in some other capacity.
If you are an existing customer or a potential customer, we may collect your name, date of birth, contact details (including your address, telephone number and email address), identification information and financial information (including information regarding your credit worthiness, credit history and your financial accounts).
You may also provide us with personal information of a third party (e.g your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this Statement.
3. How we collect your Information
We may collect your personal information in a range of ways, including but not limited to:
- Directly from you (such as when you interact with us in writing, electronically or via telephone);
- When you visit our website (including when you submit a quote or ‘Contact Us’ form);
- When you participate in our events or promotions;
- When we supply products or services to you;
- From third parties such as our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives; and
- From public sources of information such as marketing and similar lists which are legally acquired by us.
4. What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
You have the option of not identifying yourself to us, or of providing a pseudonym to be identified by. However, if we are unable to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you, or the organization with which you are connected.
5. How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures.
6. How we use your Information
We respect your privacy, and we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We use personal information for a range of different purposes, including:
- To provide Renewable Energy Upgrade’s products and services to you, or to provide a quote or offer regarding our products and services, and to provide you with information about us and our products and services;
- To communicate with you about your account with us (including, credit-worthiness checks, issuing invoices, and seeking payment of those invoices);
- To gain an understanding of customers’ needs in relation to products and services and maintain high levels of customer service;
- To process, investigate, and respond to a complaint if one is made;
- To answer inquiries when they are made, and provide any information or documents requested by you;
- For administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control, and research purposes;
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date and accurate;
- To ensure safety at all of our work sites;
- In order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To manage our relationships with our suppliers;
- To consider job candidates for current and future employment.
- We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorized by or under law
7. When we disclose your information
To assist us in carrying out our business activities, from time to time we may need to disclose your information to third parties, including:
- Our contractors, suppliers, and authorized representatives who help us in providing products and services and administer and manage our business;
- Our associated companies in the group;
- Credit providers and agencies;
- Government and regulatory authorities (as required or permitted by law);
- Our professional advisors (including auditors and lawyers);
8. Will Renewable Energy Upgrade’s disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
In some cases, the organizations to whom we may disclose your information may be based outside Australia. For example, we may disclose your information to our related entities in the group for any or all of the purposes set out under the ‘How we use your information’ section of this Statement, but will not disclose your personal information to any overseas non related entities of the company.
9. How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the details set out in the ‘How to contact us’ section of this Statement so that we can consider and respond to your request.
You may use the same contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think we have failed to comply with the AP.
Your complaint will be reviewed by us and you can expect a response within 14 business days.
How to contact us: If you have any questions regarding this Statement or our management of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us on 1300 738 787 or in writing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org